March 25, 2020
To Our Valued Associates, Customers and Suppliers,
First and foremost, Wells Vehicle Electronics is concerned with the health, safety and well-being of our associates, customers, suppliers and their family members who may be directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. While this remains a developing situation, Wells Vehicle Electronics is grateful to be deemed essential infrastructure by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) because we directly support automotive repair and heavy-duty transportation sectors. Refer to the DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) guidance on essential infrastructure.
For Our Associates:
- For all associates who can perform their jobs effectively remotely, we have developed andimplemented remote work plans. We thank you for your flexibility and collaboration for thecommon good of our communities and business to ensure the needs of our customers are met.
- Our manufacturing, production and distribution team leaders are ensuring members arepracticing social distancing and being vigilant about good hygiene. Additionally, associatesare diligently self-monitoring for symptoms and are encouraged to reach out to supervisors ifthey come into contact with infected individuals.
- Our janitorial staff continues to sanitize our facilities daily, paying exceptionally closeattention to door handles, break rooms, restrooms, conference room tables and othercommonly touched elements.
- To keep our associates, customers and suppliers safe, we have implemented the followingguidelines:
- Suspending all international and domestic business travel
- Minimizing the number of visitors, vendors and service providers to our facilities,unless the visit is extremely business-critical.
- Requesting associates who travel for personal reasons to self-quarantine for a periodof 14 calendar days, either working from home or placing them on Pandemic Pay.
For Our Customers:
- At this time, all Wells Vehicle Electronics locations are open for business and are fullyfunctional. This includes our corporate office in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; all North Americanmanufacturing locations; and our distribution centers in Iowa, Texas and Wisconsin.
- We are pleased to report that Wells Vehicle Electronics is currently experiencing minimalimpact to our ability on supply your products as a result of this global health crisis. We have experienced a few minor supply chain problems, which affect a small set of SKU’s but don’t anticipate significant shortages at this time due to advanced planning and safety stocks. Depending on the duration of the pandemic, our supply status could change. If so, we will notify you as soon as possible.
For Our Suppliers:
- Thank you for your continued partnership and support to supply Wells Vehicle Electronics with the materials, components and assemblies needed, so we can provide the parts critical to the repair and maintenance of vehicles used in government, law enforcement, emergency services, as well as public and private transportation vehicles.
- By working together, you’re helping to connect doctors and nurses with patients in need, allowing first responders to answer emergency calls, giving everyday citizens the ability to see their healthcare providers, pick up prescriptions, food and other essential items.
Wells Vehicle Electronics continues to monitor and implement the recommendations and guidelines provided by local, state and federal officials and health care agencies to keep our associates, customers, suppliers and their loved ones safe and minimize negative impact in our communities.
On behalf of the entire Wells team, I wish you good health and thank you for your support and
efforts during this challenging time.
President & COO
Wells Vehicle Electronics